Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Therapy, Counselling & Psychological Support
Healing from trauma and PTSD can be a challenging journey, but with the right support and guidance, it is possible to find peace and move forward with your life.
If you are struggling with the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, know that you are not alone and that there is help available. Benjamin and his team can provide you with the tools and techniques you need to manage your symptoms and heal from your trauma.
What is PTSD?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is a mental health condition that can develop in response to experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event. Trauma can take many forms, including physical or sexual assault, natural disasters, combat, or witnessing violence. The symptoms of PTSD can be severe and debilitating, affecting every area of a person's life.
Common symptoms of PTSD include:
- Intrusive thoughts or memories of the traumatic event
- Avoidance of triggers or reminders of the trauma
- Hyperarousal or a state of constant vigilance
- Nightmares or flashbacks
- Negative thoughts or feelings about oneself or the world
PTSD can be a chronic condition, meaning that the symptoms can last for months or even years if left untreated. However, with the right treatment and support, it is possible to manage the symptoms of PTSD and lead a fulfilling life.
What is PTSD therapy?
PTSD therapy is a type of mental health treatment that is designed to help people who are struggling with the symptoms of PTSD. There are many different types of PTSD therapy, but they all share a common goal: to help individuals manage their symptoms and heal from their trauma.
Some of the most effective types of PTSD therapy include:
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT): This type of therapy focuses on identifying and changing negative thought patterns and behaviours that are contributing to the symptoms of PTSD.
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR): This therapy involves using rapid eye movements to help individuals process traumatic memories and reduce the intensity of their symptoms.
- Prolonged exposure therapy: This therapy involves gradually exposing individuals to triggers or reminders of the traumatic event in a safe and controlled environment, helping them to overcome their avoidance and reduce their symptoms.
PTSD therapy can be provided in individual or group settings, depending on the needs and preferences of the individual. Our therapy sessions can be conducted in person, over the phone, or via video conferencing.
Why work with a Benjamin?
Benjamin has extensive expertise in working with individuals who have experienced trauma, and can provide tailored treatment and support to help individuals manage their symptoms and heal from their trauma.
Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- Access to evidence-based treatments: We are familiar with the most effective treatments for PTSD, and will be able to provide evidence-based therapy to help individuals manage their symptoms.
- Tailored treatment: We will be able to provide individualised treatment that is tailored to the unique needs and experiences of the individual, helping them to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Safe and supportive environment: We can provide a safe and supportive environment in which individuals can explore their thoughts and feelings and work towards healing from their trauma.
- Compassionate and non-judgmental approach: We will approach our work with empathy and understanding, helping individuals to feel heard and validated as they work through their trauma.
If you're ready to take the first step towards healing and growth, we encourage you to book an introductory consultation. Our team is here to support you on your journey towards wellness.