We understand that Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) presents unique challenges and opportunities for personal growth.
Our compassionate and experienced team of professionals is dedicated to helping you develop strategies to manage your ADD symptoms while celebrating your strengths.
We utilise a personalised approach, incorporating evidence-based techniques and tools to foster a supportive environment that promotes self-awareness, confidence, and success.
Why Choose Us?
Our team is committed to providing you with a comprehensive support system tailored to your needs. We offer:
- Expertise: Our specialists have years of experience working with individuals with ADD, ensuring that you receive knowledgeable guidance.
- Holistic Perspective: We recognise that ADD affects various aspects of life, including work, relationships, and personal well-being. Our approach addresses these interconnected areas to help you flourish in all aspects of life.
- Collaborative Environment: We work closely with you to develop personalised strategies that align with your goals, values, and lifestyle.
- Empowerment: Our primary objective is to help you embrace your unique mind and empower you to thrive with ADD.
- Inclusivity: We are committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful environment, welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
What is Attention Deficit Disorder?
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) is a term formerly used to describe a neurodevelopment disorder characterised by difficulties with attention, impulse control, and organisation. In recent years, the diagnostic term has been replaced by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), which encompasses three subtypes: predominantly inattentive, predominantly hyperactive-impulsive, and combined presentation.
The predominantly inattentive presentation of ADHD, which was once referred to as ADD, involves symptoms such as:
- Difficulty sustaining attention and easily distracted
- Forgetfulness in daily activities
- Trouble organising tasks and time management
- Difficulty following instructions or completing tasks
- A tendency to lose things frequently
- Difficulty in concentrating and listening to others
While individuals with the predominantly inattentive presentation may not display significant hyperactivity or impulsivity, they still struggle with attention and focus, which can impact their daily functioning, academic performance, and social relationships.
The exact cause of ADHD is not entirely understood but is thought to involve a combination of genetic, environmental, and neurological factors.
Ready to embrace a brighter future?
Don't miss the opportunity to transform your life with our expert guidance and support. Booking your first therapy appointment is a courageous step towards self-discovery and growth. Our team of compassionate and knowledgeable therapists is dedicated to helping you navigate life's challenges with confidence and resilience. Experience the difference an inclusive, respectful, and empowering therapeutic relationship can make in your journey.