We recognise that overcoming substance abuse is a deeply personal journey that requires a unique, tailored approach for each individual.
Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is committed to helping you break free from the cycle of addiction, providing you with the tools and support necessary to rebuild your life and achieve lasting change.
Our substance abuse treatment services include:
Assessment and Evaluation: Our skilled therapists will assess the extent of your substance abuse and identify any underlying issues contributing to it. This evaluation will inform the development of a personalised treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Detoxification Support: Depending on the nature of your addiction, detoxification may be a necessary first step in the recovery process. We will work closely with you to ensure you receive the appropriate medical support and guidance during this critical phase.
Individual Therapy: Through one-on-one sessions with a trained therapist, you will explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours related to substance abuse. Together, you will work on developing healthy coping strategies and addressing any underlying issues contributing to your addiction.
Family Therapy: Substance abuse often impacts the entire family unit. Our family therapy sessions provide a supportive environment for loved ones to express their feelings, learn healthy communication strategies, and work together toward healing and recovery.
Aftercare and Relapse Prevention: Recovery is an ongoing process. Our aftercare services include support groups, follow-up therapy sessions, and resources to help you maintain your progress and prevent relapse.
What is substance abuse?
Substance abuse, also known as substance use disorder, is a condition in which an individual engages in the harmful or hazardous use of psychoactive substances, such as drugs or alcohol. This pattern of use often leads to significant impairment or distress in various aspects of the person's life, including their physical and mental health, relationships, work or school performance, and overall well-being.
Substance abuse can involve a range of behaviours, such as:
- Using substances in larger amounts or for a longer duration than intended.
- Having a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.
- Spending excessive time obtaining, using, or recovering from the effects of substances.
- Craving or having a strong desire to use substances.
- Failing to fulfill major obligations at work, school, or home due to substance use.
- Continuing substance use despite social or interpersonal problems caused or worsened by it.
- Giving up or reducing important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use.
- Using substances in situations where it is physically hazardous.
- Continuing substance use despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem caused or exacerbated by the substance.
Substance abuse can lead to the development of tolerance, where the individual requires larger amounts of the substance to achieve the desired effect, and physical or psychological dependence, where the person experiences withdrawal symptoms when they reduce or stop using the substance.
Ready to embrace a brighter future?
Don't miss the opportunity to transform your life with our expert guidance and support. Booking your first therapy appointment is a courageous step towards self-discovery and growth. Our team of compassionate and knowledgeable therapists is dedicated to helping you navigate life's challenges with confidence and resilience. Experience the difference an inclusive, respectful, and empowering therapeutic relationship can make in your journey.